Submit A Grant Proposal
The Foundation for Racial, Ethnic, and Religious Harmony (Harmony Foundation) provides grants to assist organizations and groups whose services to the community are in alignment with the mission of the Foundation. At this time, the Foundation is accepting proposals grants in the range of $200-$1,500 with an average grant size of $500-$750. Please note our application deadline of December 1, 2021.
Grant Review Committee:
Harmony Foundation Board
Our grants within the Newton Community are intended to facilitate learning, interaction, and understanding, and to build respect across racial, ethnic and religious groups with the purpose of furthering the recognition of our diversity as a continuing and increasing source of community strength.
Eligible grants proposals include educational, nonprofit, professional, or other endeavors focusing on racial, ethnic and religious harmony. This might take the form of enrichment programming, or providing resources or experiences to others that further these values.
Examples of grants the Harmony Foundation has provided include:
- Building Classroom Libraries to Support BIPOC Learners
- Youth Interfaith Initiatives
- A Historic Tour Program
- History Museum Visits for Youth
- Elementary School Inclusive Recess Program
- Endeavors in the Arts: Productions, Music, Poetry and Literature that celebrate diversity
- Professional Speakers
Each grant is considered on its own merits. The Foundation will consider requests made by applicants on behalf of organizations/programs primarily located in Newton with consideration given to applicants from surrounding areas when the project will serve the community of Newton. Applicants are notified about the status of their grant within 4-8 weeks from the time the application is received.
- The organization must be located in Newton or serve the Newton Community.
- If the organization is a recognized 501(c)(3), it must be in good standing with the IRS.
- The organization must be willing to provide Harmony Foundation with statistics regarding the number of individuals aided by the grant money and, when possible, provide the Foundation with anecdotal stories.
- Within one year of the grant period, the organization will be expected to provide Harmony Foundation with a full account of grant money usage.
Please fill out ALL sections of this form.
AFTER SUBMISSION OF YOUR PROPOSAL
After submitting your initial proposal, please submit the following additional details to email@example.com:
• A list of names of the members of the project coordinator(s) and requesting organization’s development and leadership team. Please include titles.
• A copy of requesting organization/program 2021 operating budget (Excel Document)
• A copy of the proposed budget for the project for which applying (Excel Document)
Please note that after completion of the funded project, recipients are required to submit a report including; attendance, achievement of goals, specific use of Foundation funds, follow up, and any other pertinent information. Please include any news articles, social media posts, press, videos, and/or photos from the project. The report should be received within 3 months of the completion of the year in which the Foundation funds were used for the project.